WORKING FOR YOU DURING CORONAVIRUS
Published date : 17 Mar 2020
Given the Scottish and UK Governments’ latest advice on Coronavirus, I am taking a series of steps to minimise the potential for disruption to my work on behalf of my constituents as the Member of the Scottish Parliament for Mid Fife and Glenrothes.
• Constituents who need my help or advice can continue to contact me at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone Advice Surgeries
• I will hold telephone rather than face-to-face advice surgeries for constituents on Monday 23 and Friday 27 March.
• This will allow me to continue to help my most vulnerable constituents whilst also respecting government advice on social distancing.
• I will post details of further telephone advice surgeries in the coming days and weeks.
• Constituents who would like to book a telephone appointment should either email me with their name, address, and preferred contact telephone number or call my constituency office on 01592 764815.
• Constituents can phone my constituency office on 01592 764815 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10.00 am – 4.00 pm.
• My constituency team will work remotely with secure access to emails and our casework system.
Constituency Visits and Meetings
• My work as MSP for Mid Fife and Glenrothes involves meeting with individuals, groups, and organisations every day.
• I will postpone constituency visits until government advice changes and will offer telephone meetings in place of physical meetings wherever possible.
• By taking the steps outlined above, I intend to continue to work as hard as ever to represent my constituents’ needs including in the Scottish Parliament.
Looking after each other
I encourage my constituents to follow latest updates and health advice from the Scottish Government:
• Scottish Government’s latest update: gov.scot/coronavirus
• Health advice: nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
I also ask that constituents who are well and able to look out for vulnerable friends, family and neighbours.
HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE